Recognized as an engaging, interactive speaker who enlivens her core messages with thought-provoking stories and relevant anecdotes, Amy’s dynamic and enthusiastic approach holds the attention of diverse audiences. Her ability to address complex and challenging topics in a relatable manner creates a lasting impact on individuals, teams and whole organizations to reach new levels of success.
Globalization – The West & China
Having spoken at events worldwide to audiences large and small, Amy has recently presented to academia and practitioners at the Stanford Strategic Execution Conference on the topic, “Innovating a Global Program Strategy – New Markets & New Challenges.” She also addressed a sold out session of international executives at the Strategy & Competitive Intelligence Professionals (SCIP) Conference on “Competitive Strategy for Expanding into Emerging Markets with New Competitors.”
Amy’s courses at the renowned General Assembly campus in downtown San Francisco include Global Strategy, Management and Entreprenerial Development.
Easy going, knowledgeable, wonderful presentation style.Jennifer S. Hall, Direct Planning & Growth Solutions, Nationwide
Very engaging, humorous. Never fazed by difficult questions. Not afraid of being challenged. Great attitude.
Amy is an instructor for the Stanford Professional Development Center’s Advanced Program Management courses and is skilled at tying theory to real–world examples as well as stimulating dialogue through her energetic facilitation style. She also delivers her own "proprietary courses" at corporations and institutions such as San Jose State University International and Extended Studies – Ask about our online courses.
Teaching at Apple
Course and workshop formats range from half–day to 3–day interactive sessions on various topics. Particularly popular are Amy’s workshops on Global Competitive Strategy. Other workshops that she has conducted include:
- 2–Day Service Planning Workshops with the CXOs of US–based start–ups, identifying business opportunities and establishing product portfolio and rollout strategies, based on revenue targets, available resources and ability to deliver within a desired time frame.
- Business development sessions with Government leaders of Emerging Countries, bridging their national development goals with applicable technology solutions.
- Competitive sales training to teams in Emerging Markets (including Dubai, South Africa, China, Egypt, Morocco, Argentina, Malaysia, Venezuela, Columbia, Singapore, Thailand) and Developed Markets (such as UK, France, Belgium, Netherlands, Germany, USA).
Companies include: Apple, Cisco, Nationwide, Kaiser Permanente, Capital One, Santa Clara Water District.
Apple, Austin TX
BEST INSTRUCTOR SO FAR! Amy was great at getting us engaged, she literally led by example to get the 'team' (students) interested and active in the discussions and activities. Really enjoyed this course with her!Teresa Smythia, Apple
- Global Competitive Strategy for Emerging Markets using the New 5Ps of Marketing Framework™
- The Power of Politics
- Innovation & Creativity
- Motivation & Influence
- Communications Management
- Customer Relationships & Culture
- Silicon Valley Business Bootcamp™
Tap into Amy’s breadth of global experience and best practices to create and implement your global expansion plans, competitive strategies, sales support programs and other related needs.
Amy understands the unique challenges that businesses face internationally and she has worked side–by–side with all levels of management, from C–Level executives to supervisors and independent contractors in more than 50 countries.
Peru Delegation of Startup CEO's
Some examples of successful global consulting engagements Amy has conducted include:
- Competitive intelligence programs where she advised on escalated global deal support requests; counseled Senior Executives on necessary initiatives; and trained sales teams worldwide on how to strategically position their solution when competing with a primary Chinese competitor.
- Service Definition and Go–to–Market engagements with Tier 1 service provider customers (like AT&T, Sprint, Bell Canada) and channel partners that accelerated time to market and increased revenue streams for both partners.
- Competitive Intelligence Program and a Customer Marketing Program with EVault, a Seagate company.
- Market Development Strategy for the Middle East region at Newbridge Networks (Alcatel-Lucent)
- Global Wireless Internet Strategy and Business Development at Nortel.
- Public/private collaborative initiatives created with the World Bank, the ITU–D and Cisco, contributing to Business Development efforts in Emerging Markets.
Amy’s expertise in competitive intelligence programs was a valuable asset in the creation of our strategy. She was able to quickly assemble the program structure, assess critical success factors, and establish rollout priorities. We refer back to the created framework constantly – it has been our go–to roadmap.Karen Jaworski, Senior Director of Product Marketing, Evault – A Seagate Company
Keiretsu Forum, Global Angel Investors & Venture Capitalists
Engage in a Free One Hour discussion to share your challenges and goals and to explore opportunities to work together on an exceptional outcome.